Monday, November 21, 2016

prepare Him room

** Hi friends! This post is part of a blog hop for Advent. At the end of my post you'll find links to some wonderful blogger friends who want to help you prepare Him room. Take some time to read them all. There's some great food for thought as we work to be intentional this Advent season. **

In 2014, I battled a terrible illness. My hands and arms broke out in this wicked rash that eventually engulfed my body. My youngest sons were 6 months old and 2 years old at the time... it was so bad that my hands ached, my arms burned... I was misdiagnosed and had the wrong meds for 8 months (which made me feel worse)... come to find out I am terribly allergic to chemicals and fragrances... 

But that Christmas, I had to come to this revelation:



It's not about TRADITION...

It's about CELEBRATION!

There were so many things that I wanted to get done... things that were becoming Traditions for us... but I physically could not... So I had to come to the conclusion... 

Whatever I can't get done or I can get done, 
the focus should be 
CELEBRATING CHRIST'S BIRTH.

This year, I'm taking it a step further... I'm focusing on Him instead of wasting time working to not believe the lies of the enemy... people can say so many negative things... passive-aggressive things about... your mommy skills, your wife skills, your cooking skills, your crafting skills, whatever... fill-in-the-blank. 

but when we work to believe the truths of our Father, the lies of the enemy about us really no longer matter....

So this Advent season (because I decided that I'm going to intentionally enjoy my sons' being young), I am giving myself the gift of time... and no stress...

I'm putting out this painting that I did last year... I'll put up the tree... BUT I am NOT putting ornaments on there because I know that my 2 year old will take them off and that would stress me out.... and I'll do the best I can with gifts.... I'll get as many food items pre-made as possible...


A lot tries to steal my focus this time of year- 
so I'm focusing on HIS BIRTHDAY and WHAT THAT MEANS TO ME AS A CHRISTIAN
and LOOKING for the STAR that was over the manger when He was born...
the STAR that will lead me to the PRINCE OF PEACE....  

may His LOVE and LIGHT envelope you-
drive out the darkness attacking you-
remind you why HE came as a CHILD 

Luke 2: 7-14 
Matthew 2:9




Be sure to read all these blogs that are part of the Prepare Him Room blog hop: 
Wrapped in Grace – by DeanaLynnRogers.com
Welcoming Jesus is less about perfect preparations and more about scooching over.
Lessons from Jonah on Advent – by Faith For Her
Advent Week of Hope:  A man, a fish and God's grace are more applicable to your life than you may think (and very telling of God's character).
Prepare Him Room - By Going The Distance
Read about the love language of Advent season.
Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room – by Fire Saved By Grace
Pause, Reflect, Enjoy, Praise, Accept, Rejoice, Exclaim

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and beautiful painting, Buffy! May you and your family have a stress-free Christmas season filled with love and light, peace and joy!

    ~Urailak @LivingforGod

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're bets yet! Blessed me. Thank you!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buffy,
    Great post to remind us of balance and what really is important. I need this kind of reminders. Thanks. Stopping by from the Woven Vow Bloggers group.
    ~Sherry Stahl
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete