Friday, July 6, 2012

say it again...

Even as I try to type this out, my almost-5-year-old son is at my elbow talking to me.  He talks non-stop and my almost-4-month-old is already a chatterbox... which is great in some ways... but when I am trying to concentrate on something or have an adult conversation, it gets in the way.  so...many...questions... I get sensory overload at it all sometimes, to be honest.

The flipside of this coin is that I have to say the same thing 50 times and sometimes sign for him to get what I am saying to him...  and this is where most ladies would insert some kind of joke about men not listening... ha, ha, ha... but I'm not... because the truth of the matter is that this just convicts me of something in my own relationship with my Heavenly Father... like how I like to tell Him all kinds of stuff and not listen to what He is trying to tell me....

I know that He is constantly trying to calm my fears and soothe my anger and just encourage me, but I'm too busy complaining about it.

Lord, help me to hear Your voice in this noisy world.  

1 comment:

  1. I didn't really know how to end this one... but with a prayer for help!

    ReplyDelete