Thursday, June 30, 2011

what Kung Fu Panda 2 taught me

I love movies.  Seriously... love... movies...  My channel is usually on Turner Classic Movies or hubby and I are discussing what movie we want to see next.

So we went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 over Memorial Day weekend... there was this part where Po (the panda) has discovered that he's adopted by his dad Mr. Ping... who is a duck.  It was obvious from the first movie that Po was adopted, but that never mattered to how his father adored him.  But finding out that he was adopted changed Po's outlook on life.

At the start of Po's adventure, Mr. Ping questions his returning from the battle... and Po, a bit put-off says, "but, I'm the Dragon Warrior."  And Mr. Ping says, "But you're my son, aren't you?"

That struck me as a conversation that God has had with me:  "But, Lord, I'm a mommy, I'm a speech pathologist, I'm ..."  [fill-in-the-blank].

But above and beyond your busy-ness and titles and projects, you are my child....

I dunno... just kind of struck me... how I forget that some days...