Thursday, September 15, 2011

it's the little things

Life gets so overwhelming some times.  Is it our culture?  Is it our own obsession to be able to say that we can be everything to every body?  Is it our need to feel valuable to 30 different people?  Is it the American way that if we stop and smell the roses someone will say we are lazy?  Or is it that we are afraid of what will happen if we stop for a minute- afraid of our thoughts and what we truly feel?

Well, whatever it is... I have committed this week to resting... I don't even think that I am going to clean the house, ha, ha.  We visited the Tennessee Aquarium on Tuesday.  It was the most tranquil place.  Hero stopped at every exhibit and spent several minutes looking at the fish. I thought several times, "I'd love to know what God was thinking as He made each of these species of animals!" 


It was so beautiful and amazing to see animals up close that I'd never see otherwise.  I thought, "How is it that the God of the universe cares so lovingly and so carefully for each of these animals (and all their counterparts in the oceans) and yet He cares so lovingly and so carefully for me and mine?"  It blew my mind thinking about how God sets all of His creation into motion and He cares about each and every one... And He does the same for all of us.  I'm speechless.


No comments:

Post a Comment