Thursday, September 13, 2012

Love you anyway...

When Heath and I were first married, we argued like young married people do... and one time, after I apologized for my mistake, I said, "just love me anyway..."  So it's been a running thing with us when we make a mistake against the other... after the apology comes the "just love me anyway, okay?"

This past week, after Hero misbehaved, I put him to bed after disciplining him and I said, "You know that I love you anyway, right?"  Of course he doesn't... but I had to tell him that I still love him despite his actions.

Of course this made me think about how God love us anyway... despite making the same mistakes over and over again...

Then tonight, Hero jumped on me while I was sitting on the floor and said "I love you, Mommy!"
"Aw, I love you, too, Hero!"  I said.
"Yeah, Mommy, I love you anyway!"
I chuckled... "I'm glad you love me anyway... I get upset and tired a lot and I need you to love me anyway!"

No comments:

Post a Comment