Saturday, May 31, 2014

windows

A person's behavior is a window to the state of his soul.

This is true for chidlren, adults, male and female.  

I used to think that a person's negative behavior towards me had something to do with me not being worthy enough to be treated well.
But this is not true...
This outward negative expression is a symptom of inner turmoil.

The same is true for someone who is at peace...  His actions and words towards his fellow man is full of manna...

I am fully aware that this is an area of my life that has caution tape wrapped around it.  This is an area that I am really working on: not responding negatively when I get hurt...  Not taking my anger out on someone else... Not feeling worthless when others lash out at me... Life has been super challenging lately and I haven't been great at responding to the stress...
But I am encouraged by the fact that the Lord is strong in my weakness and loving towards discipling me.  And patient.  And kind.  And that He loves me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment