Saturday, December 20, 2014

Celebration vs. Tradition

So before you want to string me up for the title of this blog, just give me a minute to explain.

This has been a tough year-  not as tough as some have had to endure- but definately a banner year for us.  And honestly, ALL of  the changes have been GOOD for us... but there's been  A LOT OF CHANGE.  Which throws me anyway.  But GOOD CHANGE!

So August hits.  And several major changes hit.  And with those changes, an illness ignited in me that I never knew existed.  I felt like I was in The Happening- like the environment was attacking me.  After several rounds of prednisone and a referral to a dermatologist, I received a diagnosis of reactive erythema.  I know it could be worse.  HOWEVER- it is painful and it GETS IN THE WAY OF ME  LIVING LIFE!  And the TREATEMENT is TERRIBLE TOO!  p.s. I don't think that the changes triggered this illness... just an unfortunate coincidence. So I am still wading through triggers and trying to figure out what a good treatment plan would be outside of steriods- like vitamin E, etc.

So because of this illness, I can't do everything I want to do. The boys have gotten sick this month too... so sometimes, you just have to shut things down- circle the wagons- take care of the chickens until all are well.

I've felt bad about some of the things I can't do for my sons for Christmas this year.  Some of our traditions just aren't going to happen- for several different reasons... And I was lamenting that as well as trying to make sure that I used this opportunity to teach my sons about Christ.

Then this hits me during a church service one December Sunday.



It's NOT about TRADITION

It's about CELEBRATION

Whatever I can't get done or I can get done, 
the focus should be CELEBRATING CHRIST'S BIRTH.

A lot tries to steal my focus this time of year- 
so I'm focusing on HIS BIRTHDAY 
and LOOKING for the STAR that was over the manger when He was born...
the STAR that will lead me to the PRINCE OF PEACE.... 

Luke 2: 7-14
Matthew 2:9

may His LOVE and LIGHT envelope you-
drive out the darkness attacking you-
remind you why HE came as a CHILD




1 comment: