Friday, March 13, 2015

The lies about me

Recently, I was publicly humiated in a mass email by a co-worker.  The email stated that I said something that I clearly never would have said and made an implication about my work ethic.

And it made me so mad.  Like Mr. Furious mad- "I am a ticking time bomb of fury."

It made me mad for days.  Then another co-worker decided to share a tidbit of some thing else another  co-worker said about me.  At that point, I just had to stop and laugh.  I had wasted a lot of time being angry about the lies told about me...  And I was finding that the people whose opinion I valued did not believe those lies...  Which was awesome.  Because these people that I valued reflected what God was saying about me the whole time.  The truth of who I am in His eyes- well, I was able to jump over that obstacle and keep moving because He knows I am doing the best I can right now.  And His grace extends to others and fills in the gaps.

I don't claim to be a great Christian...
Only that I serve a great God.

No comments:

Post a Comment