Friday, June 26, 2015

It says Fruit of the Spirit not the Fruit of Buffy

yesterday, our pastor asked on facebook what were we using to motivate ourselves to keep our goals and I wrote this:  " I took Hank to the doctor this morning for a well-child visit and pulling up into the parking lot the d.j. on the radio read Galatians 5:22-23- the Fruit of the Spirit verse which is a cornerstone verse for our family and for our ministry- but it struck me as he read through the list: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and SELF-CONTROL- the list seems to get increasingly difficult for me to maintain... but since this is the Fruit of the SPIRIT and not the Fruit of Buffy, then I can rely on the Holy Spirit to bear this fruit in me."

And just as I posted that, the bottom fell out.  The boys got disobedient and I got emotional.  Oh my.  Do I need some work.   I made my apologies to everyone. I mean I doubt they even remember it now but I felt like poop.  I know everyone loses it from time to time and we can't be perfect parent all the time. But I don't like how the enemy is taking my mistake and rubbing my nose in it.  I am not proud that I responded emotionally to their disobedience.  But I did.  Lord, help.  Lord, forgive me.

The fruit of the Spirit list is SO HARD FOR ME. From the beginning to the end.  And each fruit gets harder and harder for me as I progress through the list.

But see- there I go- "so hard for me." (Uhm, McFly, this is not about you."  Fruit of the Spirit ... Not fruit of Buffy.

Lord help.

No comments:

Post a Comment