Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life is Like a Game of Solitaire

I know what a nerdy, loner I will sound like when I admit this, but I regularly play games of Solitaire on my computer.  For some reason, it calms me down and re-focuses me when I get overwhelmed and stressed out.  So I recently realized that during one of my Solitaire blitzes, that life is a lot like this game... 
The strategy is simple, but hard to maintain: 

#1: you have to stop and look at all your options before you make a move- being hasty can get you into a lock-out and you have to take a new hand.
#2: pulling a bad card- one you can't use- doesn't mean that you will lose the hand- if you keep at the game, you will find a spot for that card eventually
#3:  it's okay to lose a hand... failure often causes us to re-focus and plan better for the next go-round
#4: don't give up... if you give up after the first hand, you can't ever win.

No comments:

Post a Comment