Saturday, August 6, 2011

Small

Today, I am feeling kind of small and thinking about all the things and people that I've lost in my life.  I'm not looking for flattery nor am I fishing for a compliment, because by the end of this blog, I'll bring it back around...

With Facebook and all the social media that we've got out there, it's easy to look around and hear Beck's "I'm a Loser" playing in the background.  So many people get to do so many big things... and I'm "stuck" here...  it's easy to be bogged down in the routine of every day and it's easy to get discouraged when there are so many drama-seekers who are seeking drama from me.  It just wears on me after a while.  Especially when I've stood up for myself and those people continue to act the same way...  *sigh*...

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, despite what other people are saying about me or trying to get out of me, I know that the God of the Universe is with me.  I saw Him this week in the most unlikely places.  I see Him everyday when I look at my precious son.  And I know that I'm not perfect and I know that He wishes that I would be a better person... but I'm trying... and I trust that He is going to help me through this Valley of the Shadow of Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment