Thursday, August 4, 2011

worry wart

I am, by nature, a worry wart... It's in my DNA.  I don't know if it's the first child curse or what, but I tend to worry about things.  But as time goes on, I realize that worrying is really saying to God: "Hey, You can't do this for me."  For some reason, I always thought, "well, God's to big to care about this one... so I'll take care of it."  But of course, I worried my way through the situation or in the end, came back to Christ with the problem anyway. 

Last week, I was worrying about a situation... and I started praying... and it was like, "Buffy, what's worrying about it going to do about this situation?  Worrying is not going to change it... you can't send out your brain waves to change this."  And I stopped worrying about it.  And just have to trust that it'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment