Sunday, August 28, 2011

10,000 Reasons

A song has recently been introduced into the worship music repertoire at Christ Community:  10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman .  Beautiful song.  Thoughtfully written.  Lyrically solid.  Theologically solid.  We sang it today and when we got to the line about "For all Your goodness, I will keep on singing... 10,000 reasons for my heart to find."  My first thought was "Lord, if I only had the one- Your death on the Cross... I would still sing your praises till I'm hoarse..."  Then our worship leader prayed that we indeed could find 10,000 reasons to worship Him... and indeed, I could...

My desire to lift Him up in worship does not conceal the fact that I have issues to deal with... in fact, my coming to the altar to worship Him often exposes my weaknesses and failings.  I don't sing because I'm perfect.  I sing because I am redeemed.  I sing because I am deeply loved... loved enough for Him to come down to the mud and mire and put me on solid ground. 

I am seriously thinking of putting down all the reasons He's given to me... I would love to see the number soar to 10,000... hopefully, thinking of your 10,000 reasons will take you to a place to soul searching for Him to pull out another root of fill-in-the-blank so that we are no longer entangled with the bondage of ourselves.... so then you can have 10,001 reasons to sing "for all Your goodness." 

1 comment:

  1. Buffy, good thoughts. We SO often overlook that which is right in front of us and which was most costly for Him because we forget the cost of our sin.

    ReplyDelete