Sunday, August 21, 2011

when the rollercoaster becomes a carousel

I've never been a fan of roller coasters, but I've never been one to turn down a dare either.  So early in my relationship with Heath, he took me to Six Flags.  And dared me to ride the roller coasters with him.  I was petrified.  But I got on anyway. 

My 20s was a lot like that roller coaster.  Lots of spiritual ups and downs.  Lots of life's ups and downs.  Lots of experiencing and making mistakes.  And getting up and trying again. 

But now in my 30s, life is very different.  Especially since I've become a mother.  I sat next to a friend this morning after a refreshing church service.  And we noted how much of the daily grind is just kinda getting to us... thank God for a fresh Word from the pulpit this morning and from prayer week this past week. 

So what do we do when the roller coaster of life becomes a carousel?  Not that any of what is happening in my life is bad... it's just repetitive.  I long for an adventure.  And, yet, the Lord has me here:  My husband is very active in ministry and the Lord has recently put me on the ministry sidelines.  Again, not necessarily bad... but different... and so daily.

Two revelations this week that I think will take me through this:  During praying week at Christ Community, the Lord reminded me that my life is for an Audience of One.  If I never get any accolade or recognition (which I usually don't), would I do the things that I do unto Him?  If for all the rest of my life, the only chance I get to sing is in my car on the way to and from work... do I sing unto Him?

And the second thing was that God longs to be the Lord of the small things... IN the small things... 

And yet, when I think about how BIG God is and how really small I am (cosmically and spiritually speaking)... then I am truly humbled that He would pay attention to me at all...  
 
I look forward to seeing Him show up this week... And I will be thankful that He blesses me with His presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment