Tuesday, May 3, 2011

faulty gods

So two Facebook posts today spurred this post tonight...  Recent events cause me to sit back and consult Scriptures more.  While I have been through more tragic events then what I've been dealing with in the past few months, I am forced to return to lessons I learned during those difficult times.

Lesson One:  during the weeks after I lost my first pregnancy to a miscarriage, Heath and I had many, many theological debates on the practice of praying for God's will and then expecting our desires to be carried out.  And about how giving ourselves up to God's design was so very difficult at that moment.  During one of our tirades, Heath looked at me and said, "but you know it's not that we serve a faulty god, it's that our theology is faulty..."  Well, that stopped me in my tracks and made all the horrible things that people said to me kind of make sense as to why they felt the license to be so bold and so wrong all at the same time.

Lesson Two:  this one, I've just kinda recently touched upon (and ties in to Lesson One)... but I was reminded of it tonight... My "I'm just a sign post" saying... which has given me more freedom to serve Him recently.  Despite my mistakes, my issues, my generational curses, my insecurities, my second-guessing, He doesn't change... hasn't changed... and He won't change.  He is who He said He was and He does not need me to be perfect to make Him any more than what He already is...