Friday, December 9, 2011

setting boundaries is not a sin -or- a few of my favorite things

so follow me down this rabbit hole... the past 24 hours has been filled with people just spouting off at me... evidently, there are people that I run across who are in a pressure cooker and like to blow up.  I'm happy to say that I am at a point in my life where those things no longer bother me like they used to... yes, I do perseverate on those events for a bit, but not like I used to.  Lately, I found myself feeling sorry for those people and wishing that we could all be happy and grasp God's love for us.  And I thought, Okay, no more analyzing your own response, Buffy, to see if you could have done anything different... those people wanted to pop off and there is nothing you can do to change their behavior... boundaries are important and setting them is not a sin (yes, I talk to myself quite a big... but it's mostly pep talks).

And don't ask me why, but as I thought about these things on my way home from school, I crossed the bridge from Georgia into Alabama.  And when I saw the Christmas decorations in Phenix City, for some reason, I thought about that song "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music and how it's funny that that is sometimes classified as a Christmas song...  And I thought, Yes!  I will think about all the good things in life!  And not dwell on the sour events of the day! 

Then, I thought, what a great topic for my blog: a few of my favorite things!  So in no particular order (and I will probably have to do a part 2)- These are a few of my favorite things!
1.  chips and salsa from El Vaquero - and a bowl of cheese dip just for fun (its #1 just because I am thinking about going to get some)
2.  my brita water bottle : saves me a ton of money on bottled water because the filter is in the nozzle - http://www.brita.com/products/filtering-bottle/brita-bottle/
3. Star Wars - mostly the original trilogy stuff... Anakin and Padme just get on my nerves
4. music- I love to sing: it makes me feel better.  I don't know what part of the brain gets activated when I sing, but it must be my happy zone.
5. my Nook- it's pretty slick
6. a good pair of shoes
7. Perrier water
8. Footique in Columbus, GA... such a lovely nail salon http://footique.com/
9. Sunday's: it's where I get my hair cut... and it smells like willow bark
10. my Liquid Gold Face Rejuvenating Serum From Southern Belle Soap out of Warm Springs, GA and the Calendula soap they make: http://sbsoap.com/shopping/index.php  It's a goat farm out in Warm Springs and they make all these different kinds of lovely soaps out there.  The Liquid Gold is wonderful too!

Okay so that's the short list and TOTALLY not exclusive... I will probably come back to this topic because it's fun to think about lovely things... and forget about all the sour people out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment