Saturday, March 24, 2018

everyday I'm strugglin' -or- revelations at 40

So.
If you encounter me on a day to day basis, you know how stressed and strained I've been. And I've not always responded as graciously as maybe I should have. I've been uninspired and run down.

We've got this big thing in our lives that we are strugglin' to get a handle on and it's our health.
May be no big deal to you.
Maybe you're like "what's the deal?"

Well, like most struggles, this one is mine. And I swear, the universe is conspiring against me on this one.... like the enemy wants to keep me and mine down and he is doing a lot to keep us down. I heard a DJ on the radio reiterate how the enemy is actively working to bring us as Christians down. And, also, sometimes the Lord brings situations to our lives as a way of refining behaviors and thought-patterns in us.

This season of my life feels like it's like a dissertation for your master's degree: you write a paper, submit it, it gets sent back with marks and corrections that are needed.

I also think that sometimes we forget that we are human beings prone to mistakes and missteps. And giving ourselves grace and give others grace is hard when we are moving at such a wicked fast pace.

Maybe it's stupid of me to show the enemy my hand... admit my struggles so publicly.... but....

But I know that I wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers of darkness...
I know that the battle belongs to the Lord and the victory is His.
I know that He forgives my sins.
I know that I am His.

I am set to run my first 5k next week.
I'm nervous. I know I am going to mess up.
But I'm gonna try at least. Which is what I do every day. Show up. Do the best I can. Pray that the Lord will fill in the gaps.
I've never boasted that I'm a good Christian...
Only that I serve a Great God.

No comments:

Post a Comment