Sunday, May 24, 2020

seasons

About the time Hero was born, Heath felt the calling on him to be ordained as an Elder in the Free Methodist Church (the denomination of Christ Community Church where we attended). I freaked (aren't you surprised?) because I could not imagine myself as a pastor's wife.

But God knew what He was doing and Heath is officially a children's televangelist with Heath and the Checker Shoe Band... and honestly, it still makes me giggle that I'm the Reverend Mrs. Heath Williamson.  I mean, the moment Heath was ordained, I was too in a sense... and that experience is beyond explanation. But I'm still me... and God's still God...

These past few years have not really rolled out like I envisioned. But you are not surprised.... if you know me at all, you know how hard plot twists are for me. Hank's autism and adhd diagnosis was NOT in the plans, people. Being down in my body since 2014: not in the plans. MY plans.... not in MY plans...

So I've struggled with that. I've wanted to do ministry outside of Heath and the Checker Shoe Band but having to minister to my family and myself took precedence. And I struggled with that. 
I want to sing on the worship team.
I want to teach a children's church class.
I want to lead VBS.
I want to write.
I want to paint.

But the pause button had been hit. And I've been angry. And sad. And despondent. 

The shutdowns that's resulted from COVID has made me realize that there are seasons to life... and that's okay... 
Flowers have a time to grow from the soil, shine in their blooms and then fall away for a time. 
No one despises the flower for doing what the flower is meant to do.
And yet, we despise each other for cycling through seasons.

Ecclesiastes 3: There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens.

So, do not despise the season you are in, Beloved. Look for the work you are meant to do and let the Lord do the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment