Monday, April 11, 2011

what if God's forgotten?

I've suffered more than some; I've probably suffered less than most.  The things I've suffered with are cake walks for some... for others, they would be destroyed under the strain of my experiences..

I have come to a point in my life where it seems like the events of my life are moving in a positive direction... despite what befalls me, I am able to face it head-on and I force myself to find the positive in the situation: when there's a flat tire on my car, I thank God that He saved me from a wreck on the highway... when the air conditioner quits, I thank God that He will provide the money to fix it... when my son colors on the wall for the 15th time, I thank God that I have a son...  at this point, when catastrophe hits, I say, "Thank You, God!  Here is a great chance for You to perform a miracle!" 

But I wasn't always at this point... I used to melt down into a 2-year-old-fit at the slightest inconvenience...  that's another blog for another day... 

I met with a dear friend recently and she shared with me some of her struggles.  She reminded me how in the midst of those struggles how it's easy to wonder if God's forgotten you.  I totally get that.... I've been there many times... I thought I would post scriptures to support the fact that God hasn't forgotten, but I figured you might find out more on your own if you found them for yourself....

Rest assured in this:  God never promised us an easy ride... there is not one scripture that says that being a Christian is going to be rainbows and unicorns and bubbles...

But He promised He would be with us along the way....

   



 

    Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
Helen Keller; US blind & deaf educator (1880 - 1968)

No comments:

Post a Comment